Sunday, March 28, 2010

A card for a Pal

I made this card a few weeks ago for Kris, a stamping Pal, whose mother passed away.  I didn't want to post it until  after it was received.  My heart still breaks for Kris and her family.  Unfortunately, I know how hard it is to heal after losing your mother. 
Stamp sets:  SU! Three Little Words and Polka Dot Punches (I think)  I'm downstairs and my stamps are upstairs...can you say tired and lazy.

Paper:  sage shadow, pretty in pink and speckled white

Ink:  sage shadow, pretty in pink (markers & ink pads)

Accessories:  flower punch, bird punch, pretty in pink ribbon, brad, cuttlebug embossing folder

For the leaves, I used the bird punch which punches out the bird, a wing and a branch.  I took the branch and cut it so it would look like just leaves and put it in my embossing folder to give it some texture.  After looking at the picture, I wish I would have centered my words a little higher on the card. 

It was a busy weekend with a soccer tournament .  Can I brag like a mom and say Michael had three great games.  I was in charge of the hospitality room for the coaches and referees.  I decided I would cook for 40 plus folks on Friday night.  I will never opt to do that again.  I called my hubby Friday afternoon stressing and the wonderful hubby that he is, came home early and helped me.  I had so much to load into the car, then unload and set up.  In the end, it went very well and I had a lot of fun.

This afternoon I thought I would play with my blog.  I did not realize what I was getting myself into.  I am not computer savvy at all.  Anyway, I thought I would make some changes.  I started clicking here and there and before I knew it the day was gone and I was like whoa...puppy prints are my background....so this is still a work in progress.  I wanted my heading picture to be centered but I could not get that to happen.  Oh well, right now this blog has a lot of character!    :-)

Pam~

1 comment:

Mary Fish said...

How thoughtful of you . . . the 5 Petal flower is lovely. Hugs, M