Friday, July 13, 2012

PPA color challenge

Today's card is for the Pals Paper Arts color challenge ... even though I missed the deadline to submit it.
PPA138
These colors made me think of fall which a nice thought during these HOT days of summer.  This is what I ended up creating ...

Stamps:  Decorate a Daisy, Make It Count
Paper:  Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler, White
DSP:  Daffodil Delight
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, Daffodil Delight
Accessories:  Nestabilities label 23 and big scallop die, bird punch, SU markers, Sizzix embossing folder, polka dot embossing folder, Cherry Cobbler seam binding ribbon, sponge dauber, dimensionals
All products are Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted.

After stamping the daisy, I ran it through my Cuttlebug with the scallop die to make it smaller.  I added some highlights with my Daffodil Delight marker.  Sponged the middle with some Cherry Cobbler and then popped up the sentiment with dimensionals.

I know leaves are not usually the color of Early Espresso and Cherry Cobbler but I wanted to stay true to this color challenge.  In the picture, they almost look black. 

Thanks for stopping by and as always ...

Have a great day!
Pam~

3 comments:

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Pam, I LOVE this card and the BG embossing is fabulous. Also love those die cuts. Very cool. As always I love your coloring/highlighting... and I see nothing wrong with the espresso/cobble leaves. After all I've never seen blue, pink, or turquoise leaves either...but they sure look pretty now and then.
PS: sorry you missed the challenge but I totally get it. Lately I'm a day late and dollar short..must be the heat! At least that's my excuse... hugs

KER said...

love the colors...your card is perfect for the challenge

Benzi said...

Pam, what a beauty you created. Awesome colors and I love your daisy. The embossing folder is super. I like your red leaves and I'm always doing something in a color that isn't really true...it's fun.