Sunday, July 28, 2013

Playing with the Pals ...

I have not played with the Pals Paper Arts in a while so thought I would participate this week.  They had a fun sketch to get you motivated ...

PPA165[1]
 
I wanted to use some cardstock that I don't use often.  I looked through my stash and decided on Pool Party.   A pretty color but it is not one I use much.  Here is my finished card ... very simple ...
 
Stamps:  Flower Fancy (SU)
Paper:  White, Pool Party, Not Quite Navy (SU)
DP: Pool Party
Ink:  Always Artichoke, Pool Party (SU markers), Tea Dye (Ranger)
Accessories:  sponge dauber, blender pen, pop dots, baker's twine , scallop border punch, polka dot embossing folder (SU), oval and scallop dies (Spellbinders), Stickles
 
One of my flower petals has a white spot on it.  That would be because of operator error ... I stuck my finger in the Stickles before it was dry ...not once, not twice but three times.  I even heat set it but kept sticking my finger in it to see if it was dry.  Guess I would be one of those that has to touch the paint to see if it is dry even though there is a sign that says Wet Paint...
 
Thanks for stopping by and as always ...
 
Have a great day!
Pam~
 



7 comments:

Benzi said...

Gorgeous, Pam. Don't come around to my house when painting is being done. HA HA
I love pool party...it's so summery and pretty. Great card!!!

Are you liking these mild temps we're having? I cannot say that I am because I am a hot summer person.

Brian King said...

Pam, this is very pretty! I love your color choices. They really play well with each other in this card and work well with the sketch. Thanks for playing along with The Pals Paper Arts challenge.

Diane Roberts said...

This is very pretty, Pam. The color choice really works and I'll bet you will be using more Pool Party in the future. I especially like the baker's twine loopy bow. I never think to do the multiple loops. Thanks for sharing and playing at PPA this week.

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Pam! I love the stickles and the baker's twine bow! Thanks for playing with the Pals at Pals Paper Arts!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Pam love your card and you made me laugh out loud! Yep I surely know what you mean.... it's right up there with memories of licking my finger to touch an iron to see if it was HOT yet! hugs.

Anonymous said...

This card is so pretty! It could be used for lots of different occasions which is always nice to have in your stash. (love your stickles story,too)


Zerotide said...

Thank you forr sharing