Tuesday, August 9, 2011

August Pals Blog Hop





Welcome to the August Pals Hop! This month, we're featuring fun and creative 3-dimensional projects! Enjoy the hop and the amazing creations that the Pals have come up with.

You've likely hopped over from Kylie Nicolsi, I'm stop number 14 on the Pals Hop and I'm glad you hopped in! I'll help you "hop along" from blog to blog where you'll find great ideas for 3-D paper projects from the Stampin' Pretty Pals! Should you hop off course, simply click on any of the links in the Pals Hop Line-up below and you'll be back on track!

My 3-D project for the hop this month is a decorated box.  I had a plain old brown box in my craft closet that was looking for some love.  First I covered it with some designer paper, sponged the edges and then decorated it with ... flowers, of course.  I was actually looking for something different but thought flowers would look good on a gift box.  This will hold a special birthday present for a special person.  Each side has a different flower on it.

Below is a photo of my box with top off so you can see the flower on top...



Here is a picture of the back...


One more view with top on and the front ...

Stamps:  Build A Blossom, Fabulous Phrases, Printed Petals, With All My Heart
Paper:  Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy, Poppy Parade, So Saffron, Wild Wasabi
DSP:  Poppy Parade (retired ... hostess pack)
Ink:  Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy, Poppy Parade, Wild Wasabi
Accessories:  pearls, ribbon (retired), baker's twine, dimensionals, sponges, polka dot embossing folder, the following are all punches ... small and large tags, scallop circle, fancy flower, blossom petal builders, circles, itty bitty shapes
All products are Stampin' Up except the box.


Hop along for more inspiring ideas from the very talented Linda Fisher, stop number 15, on the August PALS HOP! Thanks for "hopping" by!


Pals Blog Hop Line-Up:
 
2. Nicole Watt at http://www.impressionsbynicole.com
3. Barbara Chatzkel at http://www.takeoutpaperarts.com
4. Jason Casper at http://www.stampindad.com
5. Melanie Collins at http://www.oopsadaisy.typepad.com/
10. Leah O'Brien at http://www.leahobrien.com/
17. Martha Stewart at http://www.seasonsofstamping.com/

Have a great day,
Pam~

27 comments:

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Pam what a cute little box. I LOVE boxes of all shapes and sizes and I LOVE mixing polka dots and stripes! This is so cool and you decorated it beautifully. Ready for a sweet gift! Hugs.

Katy McGloin said...

I have never been very successful in covering my boxes but this has provided inspiration to try again. I loved the dimension given by the sponging on box edges! Great project!

Miranda said...

Cute box! TFS

Becky said...

What an awesome box, great color combo.

Patti MacLeith said...

Beautiful box! Love how you shaded the corners-it adds character.

Inking A Colorful Journey said...

Love the combination of the dots and stripes! Great box!

KER said...

wow...wonderful...so pretty and creative

Mikki said...

Pam, cute box!! Love the colors, decorations, and the ribbon with the tag. Especially like the flower on the top. Thanks for sharing!!

Jodi said...

What a great way to dress up a boring box. Makes it both useful & fun. Love your color choices!

Linda Callahan said...

This is a beauty!

Mike Funke said...

You come up with the most unusual projects! What a great idea and I love the color palette!

Mike

Benzi said...

Wowzer, wowzer! Pam, your box is gorgeous. I absolutely love the dots and stripes you used to cover it. Fab job, too! The blossom, tag, and pretty ribbon just finished it off beautifully.
I guess this means you escaped injury on the last golf outing. Whew! I was worried. :-)

Anonymous said...

you did a great job with this.....

Linda Fisher said...

Outstanding! I have a couple of these boxes myself, guess what I'll be doing. *smiles*

Debbie Pierce said...

What a perfect gift box, I LOVE the way you decorated. And I'm gussing that chocolate would be the perfect gift to put in the perfect gift box!!

XOXO

TrishG said...

What a cute box, Pam!

Kylie said...

that's one cute box! thanks for sharing.

Sandra Conner said...

Love it, such a pretty box! Love your pups as well!

Carla said...

Oh Pam, I love your box!!! The colors are my fav and of course the flowers too. Love all your details!!! Hugs,

Mary Fish said...

Bright & happy color combo on this project. Love the idea.

Hugs, M

Linda said...

I love this color combo. If I tried to picture it ahead of time, I wouldn't think it would work, but your box is just beautiful! It's like getting 2 gifts - the present and the box!!

Ann Schach said...

Gorgeous, Pam! The colors really make this box stand out! Great project!

Marlena M. said...

Your box is gorgeous and so nicely finished. It's a gift in and of itself! ;)

Diane Clark-Sutton (Ldyglfr62) said...

Cute box. Love the color combo.

Rhonda Langley said...

What a fabulous gift box! Just add chocolate LOL!

Donna Heber said...

Oh Pam, your gift box is just gorgeous! Whomever receives it is one lucky lady! I love how you made each side different.

gale said...

What a cute little box!!