Tuesday, November 15, 2011

PPA Holiday Challenge



I'm hoping to sneak this card into the Pals Paper Arts Holiday Challenge before the link closes.  


This is the inspiration photo ...


Ppa pic

This is what the inspiration did for me ...


Stamps:  Holiday Happiness
Paper:  textured red (unknown), Handsome Hunter, Vanilla
DSP:  unknown
Ink:  Riding Hood Red, Handsome Hunter, Crumb Cake
Accessories:  Nestabilities label 4, Cherry Cobbler seam binding ribbon, spritzer tool, glitter pen (non SU), brads, button (non SU)
All products are Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted.

I used to receive a package of goodies once a month from some stamping site and the papers and button are from those days.  Trying to use some of the old stuff.
  • I paper pieced the star and the base of the tree with the DSP.
  • The red label behind the tree was traced and hand cut ... hence it not matching perfectly and having some uneven edges.
  • The ornaments are all colored with the glitter pen to add some sparkle.
Sorry about the dull picture.  It is rainy and cloudy here today but I really wanted to participate in the PPA challenge this week.

Thanks for stopping by and ...

Have a great day,
Pam~

8 comments:

Linda Fisher said...

A great card for the PPA sketch this week Pam! I had to look twice and then one more time to see that you hand-cut the red piece behind the tree. You could have fooled me! A very pretty card for sure!

Benzi said...

Hey Pam, that hand cutting is awesome. Looks as if you used a die cut. Love the tree full of ornaments. I have that image and need to get it out. Your card is just adorable.

Linda Callahan said...

You cut that by hand? You are good girl! Very cute Christmas card!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Pam! Anyone would love to receive this card. It is artistic and unique. Of course, I LOVE the music notes. Do you need my address??? LOL

Mary Fish said...

Very pretty. I love the spritzing.

Hugs, M

Rhonda Langley said...

I can't believe you hand cut the red mat-wonderfully done! Love the sentiment on top of the ribbon!

gale said...

This came out really nice! Love that label die. I think I have that (how sad that I'm not sure. lol)

Donna Heber said...

Wonderful ornament card Pam. I love the vintage music background.