Thursday, March 8, 2012

Another Fresh Sketch



It is time for another great sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches.  This week it is one of my favorite Pals, Linda at Stampin' Seasons, who designed the layout. This is what gets your creative juices flowing ...


This is what my inky fingers created ...

Stamps:  Summer Solstice
Paper:  Night of Navy, Daffodil Delight, Regal Rose, White
DSP:  Night of Navy
Ink:  Regal Rose, Night of Navy
Accessories:  Cuttlebug script embossing folder, Paper Studio brads, Nestabilities square and scallop die, ribbon (non SU), sponge dauber, corner rounder, dimensionals
All products are Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted.

I knew I wanted to use this flower so that was my starting point ... after knowing I was going to use this sketch.  This is one card that I really struggled on to get it to "work".  It turned out to be an all afternoon project.  I hit the craft room at 1 p.m.  By the time I was trying to cut out the butterfly (I don't like fussy cutting at all and it shows), my husband was home from work.  He works until 6 p.m. and then has a 25 minute drive.  Phew, I got it done and am satisfied with the end result.

The tails on my ribbon ended up a bit on the short side.  I kept whacking them off for one reason or another.  Thankfully, I put the scissors down and didn't have to make a new bow. I added the yellow panel to brighten up the Night of Navy.  I'm still feeling the spring colors ... love 'em!

Thanks for stopping by and as always,

Have a great day,
Pam~

7 comments:

Jen Mitchell said...

Funny how time gets away from us when we're creating! But your efforts paid off! The colors are fantastic and your fussy-cut butterfly is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

mary fish said...

Very pretty color combo!

hugs, m

Benzi said...

Your blossoms are beautiful, Pam! I know what you mean about an all afternoon card. I spent forever and ever making a card one day this week...made, re-made, and will probably redo it again. I just can't get happy with it. Your time was well spent and you turned out a beautiful card.

Did you get as much rain last night as we did? I don't know how much but it was a LOT!!

Linda Callahan said...

Wow I love the yellow and rose against the navy! Gorgeous! And I know what you mean about the time! I feel better knowing someone else goes through what I do! Amazing how long you can fuss with one card! Yours came out beautiful!

Lesley said...

Such a happy, bold colours Pam! Love that set and the ribbon is the perfect accent. Thank you for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Donna Heber said...

Pam,

Your inky fingers did a fantastic job! The blossoms stand out nicely and love your pretty butterfly.

Linda Fisher said...

Oh my Pam, I know exactly how you feel about time in a craft room! I think we all have been there and done that MORE THAN ONCE! I love your card and those colors are stunning. A great job on that butterfly, it's the icing on the cake!