Friday, January 29, 2010

First PPA challenge

I'm excited to participate in my first PPA challenge.  Head on over to Pals Paper Arts and play along too.  This challenge could not have come at a better time here.  It is freezing...literally...with sleet and icy roads.  The children are happy, they closed the schools early this afternoon.


For this card I used the Cold and Cuddly set.  I thought that was appropriate for this challenge.  It is so cold my walrus turned blue. I used Brocade Blue for the walrus and Mellow Moss for his hat.  The cardstock is Brocade Blue and  Mellow Moss.  I stamped the iceberg in Bashful Blue and used the same color chalk to color it.  The snowflakes were punched and attached with silver brads.  I ran my white paper through my bug with the snow dots embossing folder...and I thought it was done for the season.  I also ran the Mellow Moss paper through the bug with the swiss dots folder.  I sponged the edges of the Mellow Moss that is matted with the snowflake so it would stand out more.

I have seen quite a few cards with only two corners rounded and I love that look.  I kept forgetting about it until I saw Martha's sample.  Thank you Martha!

I really enjoyed doing this challenge and hope to participate in many more.

Thanks for stopping by....

5 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Love the texture on this card - and the blue walrus :) Thanks for playing @PPA!

Mary Fish said...

I'm with Linda . . . the texture is gorgeous . . . I hope SU keeps expanding our little line of embossing folders. I'm envious of this one. Fantastic card and layout. Hugs, M

Ann Schach said...

Love these colors and the embossing! Such a great take on the challenge! I'm glad you could join us @ PPA!

Carla said...

Pam, love your card. The texture and layers are awesome, as is those colors. Hugs,

Kris Kilcoyne said...

Is this ever adorable??

I love his little hat!