Friday, July 9, 2010

50 and counting

Pals Paper Arts is hosting their 50th challenge this week.  Congratulations go out to all the artists that make it happen each and every week!  This week is a color challenge using Basic Gray, So Saffron and Chocolate Chip. 

When I was thinking about these colors, one thing kept jumping into my mind...chocolate!  With that thought one stamp set comes to mind...Things I Love.  So I went to work with those two thoughts and this is what I ended up with ...

Stamps:  Things I Love
Paper:  So Saffron, Going Gray, Chocolate Chip
Ink:  Chocolate Chip
Accessories:  Cuttlebug D'vine Swirl embossing folder, CB scalloped square dies, ribbon, dimensionals

I did not have any Basic Gray cardstock in my stash so I went with Going Gray.  Even with the gray being a different shade, I am pleased with the way this card turned out.

This stamp set also has a shoe that can be used as things that you love.  After looking at the shoe, I thought to myself, I would much rather have some chocolate than shoes.  Hence the chocolate being on this card twice.  Hmmm....don't know if I have my priorities in the right order.

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.  I enjoy reading them and appreciate each one!  Have a great weekend!

Pam~

8 comments:

Frenchie said...

OH MISS PAM, NO YOU DID THE RIGHT THING BY PUTING CHCO 2 TIMES,WHO DOSN'T LOVE CHOCOLATE, GOOD JOB LIKE ALWAYS,

Tracey Parrott said...

I love how you incorporated the colors and the images...very clever card!

Carla said...

A terrific card Pam... love the yellow as the card base too. Hugs,

Linda Callahan said...

I love this! Very chic and modern - great job with the colors! So glad you play :)

Cards by Gina said...

Terrific card, Pam! I love that ribbon!!!

Kim said...

Fun card Pam! Great design - love that you were inpired by chocolate :) mmmmmmmm....

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Pam! I love the texture and the ribbon! Thanks for joining us @ PPA!

Margaret Moody said...

I absolutely love your card, Pam! The textured background is a perfect compliment for this stamp set! Love the layout and the sheer polka dot ribbon, too! So fresh and so fun! Excellent job with the challenge! Thanks for sharing!