Friday, January 10, 2014

A new challenge blog out there ...

Two posts in one day!  Some of the folks at Stamp TV have started a new challenge blog ... woo hoo .. Mod Squad Challenge Blog.  Their first challenge were to use a few of Cat's favorite things.  I am also entering this card into Tuesday Morning Sketches

Stamps:  Need for Speed, Lighthouse (SU)
Paper:  Cajun Craze, Vanilla (SU)
DP:  Well Worn (SU)
Ink:  Weathered Wood Distress (T. Holtz)
Accessories:  brads, twine, spong dauber, distressing tool

Here are a few of Cat's favorite things ...  

1. Distressed edges
2. Ribbon
3. Die Cuts
4. Pearl stickers
5. Twine
6. Metallic Rubs
7. Layering of an image
8. Charms
9. Copic coloring of an image
10. Use of Distress Inks
11. Kraft card stock
12. Buttons

Out of the list, your card should have at least three of Cat's favs.  I distressed the edges of my papers, used twine, layered my image, and used distress ink.  I went with a simple masculine birthday card for my brother.  I don't like to make bulky cards when they have to be mailed.  This one will be heading to NJ.

My sketch inspiration came from this ...


Thanks for stopping by and as always ...

Have a great day!

Pam~




6 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a great card. Nice sketch too.

Benzi said...

Your brother must be a boater. Great card for a guy. I love a challenge that gives so many chocies.

Rain on the way for us, huh?

Benzi said...

Back to say I really like that twine/brad treatment on your card. Very masculine.

Lee said...

What a fun design Pam! The twine and brad element is so cool! Thanks for playing along with us at Mod Squad!

Debbie said...

Wonderful masculine card!! I love the twine wound through the brads!!
Thanks so much for sharing with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

Cat Tidwell said...

Awesome creation! Love that twine treatment you did! Thanks so much for playing along in our challenge!