Sunday, January 12, 2014

Guest Challenge #2 for GKD

This card is for Gina K.'s February Guest Designer challenge number two.  It is to make a shaped card.  Ok, this was a challenge for me on decorating it.  

Stamps:  Sweet Strawberries (GKD)
Paper:  White, Red
DP:  Poppy Prints (GKD)
Ink:  Memento Black
Accessories:  Label ten dies, oval and scallop dies (Spellbinders), Copics, ribbon, black gems (Michaels)

I knew that I wanted to use Spellbinders Labels Ten as my card base.  I cut three of the largest dies ... two white and one out of the designer paper.  I also knew I wanted to use the glass since it is the perfect shape for this card.  My problem was layering it all to look decent.  This was a project that I had pictured in my head before I ever started, except it didn't come out quite like I had envisioned, but I still like it.  Always fun to stamp out of your comfort zone.  

Thanks for stopping by and as always ...

Have a great day!

Pam~

2 comments:

Benzi said...

Pam, great card! I see why you like it. As you say, it is fun to stamp out of one's comfort zone. The dp is so sweet with those little flowers.

Aren't you loving these temps after the dreadful cold last week? I sure am.

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Pam you did a GREAT job creating outside your comfort zone. You'd never know it. Very cute. Love the cocktail too! Yum. I could use this for one of my gal pals.

Hugs