Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Oh Little Bird...

I ended up going down to UAB yesterday to help Bethany celebrate her birthday.  We had a great day going out to lunch and shopping.  After shopping when we I took her back to her dorm, all of her buddies had a surprise party for her...and surprised she was.  She has a wonderful circle of friends and loves the college life. 

The drive home was another story.  About 15 minutes into my drive I hit snow/sleet showers and the temp was dropping fast.  You have to remember that we are not prepared for this kind of weather in Alabama and don't see if often so we "freak out" pretty fast.  The last ten miles were extremely slick and tense for me and I was very thankful that there were no car problems and I got home safely.  What started out as a bummer of a day turned out to be wonderful!

The card that I'm sharing today I have made for my nephew.  I used the Splitcoast Sketch Challenge 266 for this layout.  I have to admit that this one was a challenge for me.  I just couldn't seem to get everything to flow together. 

My cardstock used on this card are white, sage shadow, bravo burgandy and creamy carmel.  I used the same color inks...sage shadow and bravo burgandy.

I used lots of punches...photo corner, word window, modern label, and the circle.  I ran by sage shadow panel through my cuttlebug using the branches embosssing folder.  The stamp set is called Asian Artistry which is a level two hostesss set.  I colored the bird using my SU! chalks.  I felt like the card needed a little bling so added some brads.

Thanks for stopping by today and reading my blog.  I'm starting to get the hang of this and like it.  Thank you for the comments and I do read each one.

Now it is off to get my haircut and a stop at Sam's to pick-up some odds and ends.  Have a great day!

4 comments:

Kris Kilcoyne said...

Absolutely gorgeous.

I love the texture and use of brads.

Tiffany said...

This is beautiful Pam. So elegant and earthy! Love it!!!! Keep up the great work blogging.

Carla said...

I love it. I love that texture and those layers. Wonderful!! Hugs,

Mary Fish said...

Yowse . . . I'm digging the texture. Is it time for me to open my pastels (after 2 years)? LOL. Hugs, M