Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Birthday Wishes ...



It feels wonderful to be back at home.  We had a fantastic time at Disney World and Cocoa Beach last week.  The weather could not have been better and the crowds were not too bad.  Our longest wait for one ride was an hour but other than that, it was no more than 30 minutes.


Michael's graduation went very well and my baby actually starts college today.  He is taking a history class this summer at our community college before heading to Auburn in August.  Our soccer banquet went off without a hitch and I didn't shed any tears.  I did choke up when I was thanking the parents, players and my family.  I have been the President of the Booster Club for the last three years and I will miss being involved.


Now I am hoping that our life will get back to normal.  I am anxious to get back into some kind of stamping routine.  Today's card is for Monica's, my stamping buddy, birthday.  Her birthday was May 20th so I'm late getting this to her ... oops!  Hopefully I will see her today so that she will get the card before the reading the post.


Stamps:  On the Grow, Four Frames, Fabulous Phrases
Paper:  Elegant Eggplant, Garden Green, More Mustard, Very Vanilla
DSP:  Elegant Eggplant
Ink:  Black, More Mustard
Accessories:  Prismacolor Markers, brads (non-SU), corner rounder, frame punch, Nestabilities oval dies, stamp-a-ma-jig, dimensionals, Signa white gel pen, mat pack, color coach
All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

Have a great day,

Pam~


13 comments:

Judy said...

Very pretty card. Glad you enjoyed your vacation.
Have a wonderful day.
Judy

Becky said...

Glad you had a wonderful time. Very pretty card.

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back home Pam!!! What a gorgeous card! Hugs, J

Benzi said...

Glad to have you back! You were missed and I'm so glad the weather cooperated. We had storms again...while you were away. Now, it is HOT, don't ya think?

This is a most gorgeous, birthday card, Pam. Wow! The colors are super and I love that image.

TrishG said...

This is beautiful! What a cool layout!

Nance Leedy said...

Lovely job on the watercoloring Pam! What a great layout too! So glad you could play along with us at the Paper Players!

Donna Heber said...

Pam,

First, let me say I am so glad you had a wonderful vacation and the weather was nice. It sounds like you are starting a new chapter in your life being an empty nester. Your card is beautiful in that gorgeous eggplant and the colored flowers are so beautiful.

Ann Schach said...

Gorgeous, Pam! I'm glad you had a wonderful time! Cocoa Beach is one of my favorite vacation spots!

jaydee said...

Pam, what a wonderful couple of weeks you have. Congratulations on Michael's graduation. Hopefully you will get lots of time to join our challenges now that you are an empty nester :-)

I love the colors you chose for this card, they are rich and luscious. Fabulous coloring job. I know Monica will love it!
jaydee

veronica said...

great color combo. love it.

Rhonda Langley said...

Vacations are awesome but there's no place like home! Lovely card-lots of nice elements-love the strips of paper in the background-nice detail!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Hi Pam! So glad to hear you had a fun vacation! You have been very busy with that, the graduation and your banquet...wow! :) I just love your card! The layout is very cool and the color combo is so rich and pretty! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week! Hugs! :)

None None said...

Pam, what a beautiful card! I love the colors you used.

And so glad you had a chance to go on vacation - so nice to go away and then come home all refreshed and rejuvenated, especially after a busy time with graduations and soccer!