Friday, May 6, 2011

Feeling some MOJO

I found some time to stamp yesterday afternoon and wanted to share my card with you.  When looking at the finished card yesterday, I was quite happy with the results.  I love when I have that feeling!


This is for two challenges ... The Paper Players have a theme challenge this week which is to use birds, bees, flowers and trees.  I got my inspiration for the layout from the MOJO Monday sketch this week.


This is my what my inky fingers created ... 


Stamps:  Fabulous Phrases
Paper:  Regal Rose, Daffodil Delight, Early Expresso, Rose Red
DSP:  Regal Rose (retired)
Ink:  Early Expresso, Daffodil Delight, More Mustard
Accessories:  Nestabilites scalloped circle die, border punch (non SU), two-step bird punch, oval punches, polka dots and petals-a-plenty embossing folders, Baker's twine, sponge daubers, pearls, rhinestones, dimensionals, eyelets
  • This card had a lot of punches and accessories. The only stamp used was the word heartfelt.
  • I used sponge daubers and ink pads to create the yellow background behind my bird.
  • Before sending this card out, I will make one change.  I will add a piece of Early Expresso for the the birds beak.  
Now it's off to get ready for the day.  We have a big soccer game tonight that I am hoping and praying that we win.  My dream is to see the seniors on this team go out as State Champs again.  We won it last year. 

Have a great day,
Pam~ 







16 comments:

Diane Clark-Sutton said...

Love the colors that you used with that layout.

Ann Schach said...

Such a yummy color combo, Pam! I love the texture and the bling! Let me know how the soccer game turns out! Good luck! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Just darling. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Pam! You know you are the one that inspired me to try the nestabilities! Love them and love the one that you used today too!! Hugs, J

Donna Heber said...

Beautiful Pam! I love all your layering and embossing. Very creative.

Rhonda Langley said...

What a cheerful card! Love the touch of black!

Nance Leedy said...

Love these colors together and how you've punched the birdie's wings out of DSP! Love the bit of baker's twine too. Thanks fro stopping by my blog today and leaving such a sweet comment! And thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week! We always love when you do! :-)

Benzi said...

What a gorgeous combo of colors you've used and that is a great layout. Great use of the twine.
I always love a bird card.

Hope your son's team won.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Pam, I love this! The color combo is so pretty and I really like all of the fun textures you added. The baker's twine is a fun accent, too. Thanks so much for playing with The Paper Players this week! Hugs! :)

Becky said...

Pam, this is so adorable! Love the embossing and the cute layering of your bird, with the pearl eye.
Hope you are having a Happy Mothers Day

Erika Clark said...

Very cute! I love the color combination, and all the texture.

Linda Fisher said...

I love this card Pam! Accenting in black seems to make it all pop! Clever idea with the bird and its wings. Wish the TEAM all the BEST. please post the out come. I understand what it is to be a soccer mom!!!!

Renee said...

oooh Pam lovin this one, i love the bakers twine, It turned out just beautiful, Have a blessed day! Hugz n blessings.

Carrie Sampsel said...

This is a fabulous card. Your little bird turned out too cute. And the color combo is fantastic as well. TFS
www.carriesscrapyard.com

The Mama Monkey said...

Yay! Love when the mojo flows! This is so neat...love the design and colors!

gale said...

What a pretty card!! I love those colors. Very spring-y.