Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A New Year ...



Happy New Year to all!  It's been a while since I've posted on my blog.  I spent the last month with my family and loved every minute of it.  It was wonderful to have everyone home again.  We played golf, disc golf, tennis and took walks during the holidays.


Today I took a few minutes for myself and headed to my craft room.  I wanted to play with the Pals Paper Arts since I have not done that in a while.  This week they are featuring a coloring challenge ...


I also looked over at Splitcoast Stampers to see which challenge I wanted to play with.  I decided on Clean and Simple using die cuts.  For Christmas Bethany gave me some Cricut cartridges and I thought that would be perfect for this card.  Here is what I came up with ...

Stamps:  You've Got Style by Gina K.
Paper:  Vanilla, Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze
Ink:  Not Quite Navy, Riding Hood Red
Accessories:  Cricut Damask cartridge, Nestabilities scallop and oval dies, glitter pen (non SU), polka dot embossing folder, word window and modern label punch, rhinestones, blender pen, dimensionals
All products are SU unless otherwise noted.

I cut out the design on my Cricut in Baja Breeze and then glued it onto a piece of Not Quite Navy.  I then ran it through my Cuttlebug using the polka dot embossing folder.  Next I trimmed it down to the border of the polka dots.  Now I have a cool looking background!

The image was colored with my blender pen and Not Quite Navy ink pad.  I added a few sparkles to the belt on the dress and the heart on the coat hanger.  

Thanks for stopping by and as always ...

Have a great day,
Pam~



11 comments:

Theresa Rafter said...

Love it Pam, very stylish, x

Dawn Tidd said...

Good choices, Pam! Someone will appreciate receiving that stylin' card!

Diane Clark-Sutton said...

Great card. I like how you used the Cricut and the Cuttlebug for the background piece.

Linda Callahan said...

And you've got style with this card! Very nice flair! Love that die cut!

Benzi said...

Oh my gosh, I have been having the hardest time leaving comments tonight. And, what a shock! You're back. How great it must have been to have family home..don't blame you for staying out of the craft room. You've made a gorgeous card and I love the dress/heart image and pretty background.

I've been working on a card in your honor as FS. Hopefully, I'll get it posted tomorrow. It's been a busy week. Glad you're back.

Rhonda Langley said...

Great background! Glad you enjoyed being with your family! Sounds like fun!

Donna Heber said...

Gorgeous Pam! I love that background you created. I have never used a Cricut. So very pretty.

Margaret Moody said...

Love the damask background, Pam! What a great Christmas present! Bet it's a neat cartridge to play with! Hope your new year is off to a good start!

KER said...

gorgeous...love the image and sentiment

The Mama Monkey said...

Beautiful Pam! Happy New Year!

Linda Fisher said...

Thank You Bethany!!! If it were not for you (buying the cartridge) and your Mom's great talent, we would not have been inspired by this card beauty!