Friday, January 27, 2012

Featuring Holstein ... FS258

I'm really late posting this card.  I actually started it on time but did not finish it until yesterday.  Can you say SLOW?  


This card is for the Splitcoast Featured Stamper (FS258) Linda aka Holstein at SCS that was picked last week.  Linda has an awesome gallery full of fabulous cards of all kinds.  The reason I picked this card is that I had just purchased this stamp set and had not used it yet.  Plus I really liked Linda's card.  I just loved the blue roof on the barn.  Here is my take on Linda's card ...


Stamps:  Farm Life (Gina K.), Make It Count
Paper:  Real Red, White
Ink:  Memento Black, Real Red, Tim Holtz tea stain distressing ink
Accessories:  Nestabilities labels ten, Copics, oval and circle punch, sponge, pop dots, stripes embossing folder, twine.
All products are Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted.

I used the same stamp, layout and cardstock.  I changed where the twine is on the card, different layers and embossing folder and sentiment.

My disappointment in this card is that I messed up the barn door so I restamped it and colored it again.  I messed up the second one as I colored the roof brown.  I could have still used it but what drew me to Linda's card was the blue roof.  So after all that, I ended up using the original image with the messed up barn doors.  This is a well used barn and those doors have been worked hard.  Sound legit ... lol

Thanks for stopping by and as always ...

Have a great weekend!
Pam~


9 comments:

Benzi said...

What a great card, Pam. I really love red barns. Remember the old Rock City Barns? Of course, they may have not all been red or the paint was worn away. Don't see them much anymore. How did I get on that? LOL Anyway, I love your card and don't see anything wrong with the doors.

Can you believe the sun is shining today? First time in a while. Yippee!!

Karen Howard said...

This farm scene makes me want to go for drive in the country. Lovely coloring and layout.

Nance Leedy said...

This is wonderful Pam! The blue roof sets the whole scene and I love the distressed stripes! Thanks for stopping by my blog today...(hugs)

Renee said...

Hi Pam, I am loving this card. There is just something about barns.. I think you did a fabulous job :D Hugz n blessings

Linda Fisher said...

I keep looking and looking and can't find a thing wrong with those doors! Your card is absolutely stunning...wish you could teach me to color!

Donna Heber said...

Beautiful scene Pam. Very peaceful.

Regina Mangum said...

This is FABULOUS, Pam! Looks pretty darn perfect, to me! XOXO

Ann Schach said...

I LOVE how you framed this scene, Pam! Of course, that blue roof just sets everything off!

Ethan Mccarty said...

Nice shhare